Hi I’m Jen, the photographer at ‘Next Chapter’.
Cake, chips, whisky and the great outdoors! Not in that order.
A few fun facts about me
- I’m British but lived in Sydney for nearly 7 years! Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Sunshine and beach life are hard to beat however, it’s hard not to miss great British pubs and (hot) chips. Oh, and family, of course 😉
- I like to think of myself as a surfer but mostly I’m better off on land – eek!
- I love to travel, locally and abroad, most of my friends dislike me for this reason.
- I’m a cat and a dog person (really!) and have a babin’ cat named Jasper. And yes, he has his own Instagram account (sorry, not sorry).
- I first fell for photography whilst backpacking (cliche ‘finding myself’ gap year) after graduating with a maths degree, weird I know.
Why do I do what I do? I truly realised the power and value of photography to take you back to that very moment, how you felt, and what matters most – loved ones and the best moments in your life! A single photo can make you smile, cry, ache, remember. That’s pretty bloody magical!
Why ‘Next Chapter’?
The name ‘Next Chapter Photography’ represents not only my dream of starting my photography business but also capturing the chapters in your life story – finding love, getting married, starting a family and growing a family.
How do I work?
I love to get outdoors and have fun in nature, I also appreciate being at home relaxing and that’s exactly what I bring to our photography sessions – relaxed, fun and adventure.
My goal is to capture the real you – your love and personality – think more laughter and hanging out rather than awkward posing (cringe!). The more ‘you’, the better.
“I honestly have nothing but amazingly positive things to say about Jen! Relaxing, fun photo shoot, we had so much fun:) You are a star!!”
Why so personal? The more relaxed and open you are, the better the photos, trust me! I’ll want to get to know you and what’s important in your life.
What you’ll get I want to make sure you’re blown away when you see your photos, that your heart is thumping through your chest and you can’t stop smiling. That’s why I promise to take care of you from the moment you say hello. I only accept a limited number of clients each year to ensure you get the very best!
What now? I’d love to hear your story, perhaps over a drink, simply get in contact and we’ll chat!